The holiday season is an expensive time of the year. It’s fun to buy special gifts for your loved ones but let’s face it… it’s hard.
If you have kids and a large family, the expense of Chrismas shopping grows exponentially. And let’s not forget the parties and travel that comes during that time of year.
There are multiple ways to make extra money before the holiday season begins. In this blog post, I’m going to show you ways make to $1000 or more before the holiday season begins.
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you buy something using one of the links below, I may earn a commission.
How to Make Money for the Holidays
Everyone has fallen into a situation where they need money for the holidays. Making extra money for your holiday expenses just takes a little time and planning. You have to be willing to put in a little extra work to make that extra holiday cash.
Make Holiday Money Driving
(1) Uber or Lyft Driver – Your car can be an excellent tool to help you make extra money holiday expenses. Becoming a driver for Uber or Lyft can allow you to make a good income in your spare time. You will also make extra money during the holidays as travel will increase and more people will need Uber or Lift services.
(2) Food Delivery Driver – The food delivery business is getting popular in many areas. You will notice that more and more restaurants are advertising that they participate in delivery services like Ubereats or Grubhub. You can make money for Christmas by signing up with one of these companies and becoming a food delivery driver. The great thing is you can do this on your schedule whenever you have the time.
(3) Personal Shopper – Serving as a Personal Shopper will allow you to make Christmas money while providing a valuable service in your community. Many people need assistance with shopping for prescriptions, toiletries, and groceries.
Christmas Budget Tracker
Download a copy of our Free Christmas Budget Tracker. It is a printable pdf that you can print to keep track of all of your holiday expenses.
Make Holiday Money in Your Neighborhood
(4) House Sit – House sitting is a super-easy way to make extra cash for Christmas. People will begin to travel frequently during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. As a house sitter, you simply check on the house, feed the plants, and bring in the mail. Some house sitting jobs may require you to stay at the house overnight.
(5) Pet Sit – With the increased family travel during the holidays, people will also need pet sitters. As a pet sitter, you may house the pet at your house or you may be required to stay with the pet in their current home. In either situation, you can make good extra Christmas money as a pet sitter. Sign up as a caregiver on sites like Care.com to offer your services.
(6) Rent a Room – If you have extra room in your home you can make a large amount of Christmas money fast by renting out rooms in your home. If you live in the Atlanta area, like me, you have the potential to make $632 per month off of 1 guest alone. Visit the Airbnb website and find out what your earning potential could be.
Make Holiday Money with your Smartphone
(7) Cashback App Referrals – Cashback apps not only help you save money when you shop, but they can also help you earn money too.
Dosh, Ebates, and Ibotta will all pay you real money for referring the app to your family and friends. You can start accumulating easy money by sharing your personal links on your social media pages, with your coworkers, and your family.
Sign up for Dosh, Ebates, and Ibotta using the links below:
- Dosh (open this link from your Smartphone) – Earn $5 per Referral
- Ebates – Earn $25 per Referral
- Ibotta – Earn $5 per Referral and a $25 bonus on your 5th Referral
(8) Surfing the Internet – Companies like Swagbucks will pay you to surf the net. These types of companies want to know more about users experience while browsing the internet.
Simply sign up and start earning money by completing the requested tasks.
Make Holiday Money Online
(9) Teaching English – If you have a bachelors degree (any type) and you speak English, you can easily make $2000 a month teaching English online. Sign up for VIPKid to start teaching English online for extra money.
(10) Testing Websites – Website testing is a simple way to earn Christmas money fast. You can earn $10 for every test that you complete. And there is no limit on the amount of testing you can do. Visit UserTesting.com and TryMyUI.com to start testing websites and making immediate money.
(11) Taking Surveys – Completing surveys can help you earn small amounts of cash to add to your Christmas money savings. Sign up for Inbox dollars and do a few surveys each night. Every little bit will help you meet your Christmas money goals.
Related Post: Top 5 Online Survey Sites to Join Today
(12) Proofreading – Proofreading consists of reading someone else’s work and looking for mistakes. The market for proofreaders is growing. To get started in Proofreading, take this free intro workshop by Proofread Anywhere
(13) Virtual Assistant – Small businesses and bloggers are always looking for virtual assistants to help them with various tasks. As a virtual assistant, you can work from home and perform tasks like scheduling travel, social media marketing, graphics design, bookkeeping, or research.
Start here to learn how to become a virtual assistant now to start earning that Christmas money fast.
(14) Sell Unused Items – Chances are you have many items in your home that you no longer use. If you are like me you also have tons of clothes in your closet that you no longer where.
Selling these unused items can put tons of Christmas cash in your pocket quickly. Selling used items can be quick and easy.
Simply take pictures of the items you want to sell and post them on sites like Let Go, Craigs List, or the Facebook Marketplace. You’ll be surprised how fast people will make offers to purchase your items.
(15) Online Tutor – Tutors are in high demand online. You can teach a Language, Math, Science, English, or Business. Here are a few sites that provide a platform for you to work as a tutor and make extra money for Christmas.
It’s Time to Start Now
The Holiday season will be here before you know it. You need to have your money saved by Black Friday, which now starts on Thanksgiving day.
Choose one or more of the options from the list above and start working. Using these options you can easily make $1000 or more before Christmas if you start early enough.
Leave a comment and share how you prepare financially for the holidays.
Don’t forget to Like, Share, Tweet, and Pin this post.