When most people hear the term frugal living they instantly think of depriving oneself and buying cheap items that nobody really wants.
Living frugally is more about thriving and living your best life. Many people get interested in frugal living because they are trying to survive. However they continue living frugally in order to thrive.
Note: This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you buy something using one of the links below, I may earn a commission.
What is Frugal Living?
Frugal living is not what you might think. It is not going without or buying cheap. Living the frugal lifestyle simple means spending less by being resourceful and not wasteful.
You can live a frugal life without depriving yourself of the things that make you happy. Living frugally simply allows you to spend less to create a life that makes you and your family happy.
The key to frugal living is learning to live well with less.
Furgal Living Benifits
Living frugally has many benefits. The most obvious is saving money and financial stability.
There are also hidden benefits to frugal living. The frugal lifestyle reduces stress. Money issues are one of the top stresses for Americans. Living frugally can eliminate money worries.
Living the frugal lifestyle also relieves you of clutter. You learn that less is more and you appreciate the important things rather than the number of things in your life.
Frugal Living Tips for 2019
In the list below you will find 50 frugal living tips to have you not only survive but thrive in 2019. These tips will help you save money in all areas of your life.
Frugal Living Tips to Save Money on Food
- Purchase Frugal Foods
- Make Frugal Meals
- Get Cashback using Ibotta
- Implement meal planning
- Stop Eating Out and cook at home
- Purchase a deep freezer
- Set a food budget
- Create a Grocery Shop List
- Only buy what’s on your Grocery Shopping List
- Buy generic brands
- Grow your own vegetables
- Eat less meat
- Keep a price log
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store
- Eat healthy foods
- Drink water instead of sodas, tea, or fruit juices
- Eat leftovers
- Pack your lunch instead of eating out
- Grow your own herbs & spices
- Take your own coffee to
Related Post: How to Cut Your Grocery Bill – 7 Simple Tips
Frugal Food Tips
Download your free copy of our 25 Frugal Food Tips to help you stay on budget below.
Frugal Living Tips to Save Money on Utilities
- Turn down the heat
- Turn off the lights when not in use
- Use sunlight to light rooms during the day
- Unplug unused appliances
- Line dry your clothes
- Hand wash your dishes
- Wash your clothes in cold water
- Do full loads of laundry
- Repair leaky faucets
- Repair running toilets
- Install energy efficient light bulbs
- Cut the Cord – Watch TV without cable or satellite
- Drop your landline
Frugal Living Tips to Save Money When Shopping
- Use Ebates when shopping online
- Save money on clothing, restaurants, and travel with the Dosh App
- Use Amazon Prime to save on shipping
- Check prices on Amazon before making purchases
- Buy used items on sites like Craigs List, LetGo or PoshMark
- Use a price comparison app like ShopSavvy (Available on iOS, Android)
- Don’t shop to make yourself feel better
- Make homemade gifts
- Buy clothes out of seaso
Frugal Living Tips to Manage Your Finances
- Create an easy to maintain Budget
- Start saving money
- Track your spending – try a daily expense tracker
- Make extra money with a side hustle
- Sell stuff on LetGo
- Have a no spend day each week
- Carpool when possible
- Use Groupon to save on
Leave a comment and share some of your favorite frugal living tips.
Don’t forget to Like, Share, Tweet, and Pin this post.